LA PORTE, INDIANA
This committee meets regularly with local government officials and community partners to discuss various issues at the city, county, and state level. Members encourage growth in our area by promoting continual improvement of our infrastructure and local business. The group educates and advocates on behalf of membership on different levels of legislation. They meet the second Friday of every other month at 7:30 a.m. in the LEAP office.
Benefits for Committee Members: Meet with local elected officials regularly as well as other non-elected officials; Help to
develop legislative priorities for LEAP; Discuss area governmental issues that affect LEAP members and local officials
Next Meeting: April 14, 2023 – LEAP Office
Legislative Agenda 2023-2024
- Continue support for local housing development in the Greater La Porte area
- Single family homes to purchase (all price points)
- Multi-Family rentals (market rate)
- Support and drive healthy options and infrastructure to improve our county’s overall health
- Healthcare options
- Bike and trailway infrastructure
- Healthy eating alternatives
- Education and awareness for our community
- New community center or YMCA development
- Improve quality of place through more efficient traffic flow options and infrastructure
- Economic corridor progress and approval
- Overpass implementation and development
- Voluntary annexation
- Research and establish a career center within the City of La Porte. Create partnerships with local stakeholders and employers to provide on-site instruction and training.
- Provide training resources and employment to develop and grow our pipeline of graduating students moving into the workforce.
Visit Michigan City La Porte
Mayor Tom Dermody
City of La Porte
Dr. Mark Francesconi
La Porte Community School Corporation
City Council Pro Tempore
County Commission President
General Insurance Services, Inc.
State Street Community Church/The Pax Center
Congressman Rudy Yakym’s Office
Larson Danielson Construction
La Porte County Public Library
Newby Lewis Kaminski & Jones, LLP.
State Representative – District 20
County Council President
La Porte County Association of Realtors
La Porte Municipal Airport